Monday, January 26, 2015

From the Archives: Encounter



A short animated film about ideas,taking control and enterprise created by Melinko Productions in 2005. Directed by Dave Chapman, Music by Cat Little, Animation by Andrew Crotty (me) and Composited by Aoife Greenham.

This film was completed in one week around October or November 2005. I had just finished work experience with Boulder Media and was looking for work in the animation industry in Dublin. Luckily, I had a few friends who were producing shorts and independent animation work and they asked me to animate this short. At the time, it was great as I really needed something to keep me tied over and the final film was a main part of my portfolio showreel I used when applying to Brown Bag Films.

The process of producing a finished product every one to two weeks would be my bread and butter for the following few years when working freelance on shows like I'm an Animal and Crap Rap for Brown Bag Films. In fact, I think the majority of my working life as an animator has been on short turnaround projects like this one, be it TV episodes or commercials.

It's nice to look back at something like this nearly 10 years later and see some of the gags still stand up.


No comments:

Post a Comment