Friday, July 4, 2014

From The Archives: I'm A Creepy Crawly


I'm going to start posting some older character design work that I've completed over the last few years. A lot of the design work I do is tied up in development and NDA's and I don't have a huge amount of time to pursue personal projects with teaching and development work. Its a good complaint to have though as I've seen some of my work through to final animation for TV. 
Creepy Crawly is one such example, it's a series I designed and directed for Monster Entertainment based in Ireland and has been shown in a bunch of countries on Discovery Asia, ABC Australia, DR Denmark, TVO Canada, RTE Ireland, YLE Finland and the last I heard its on Tiny Pop in the UK. 
The following, in my opinion, are some of the stronger designs completed. I had about 52 insect characters to design for the series and insects are not exactly the cutest or easiest creatures to design but I tried my best to make them appealing and still a little bit creepy.





No comments:

Post a Comment